Signal and Image Processing Consulting
Impulse Response specializes in consultancy in signal and image processing, all the way from the initial theoretical analysis to the final implementation in software.
In the general context of signal and image processing, we specialize in the following:
- Algorithm development.
- Development of embedded and real-time software.
- Modem (modulator-demodulator) techniques and software-defined radio (SDR). For satellite applications, these are modulation schemes such as BPSK, QPSK, etc. For xDSL, this is DMT (also known as OFDM).
- Simulations in MATLAB, Python, …
- Tomography, with applications such as reconstruction and segmentation. We can provide support for the ASTRA Toolbox.
1. Our mathematical background and PhD in image processing enables a thoroughly theoretical approach, if that is called for. 2. We can do simulations in MATLAB or Python, to validate and assess theoretical musings in practice. 3. Our experience with embedded software allows us to go “all the way” to the final implementation.
Signal Processing We have experience with signal processing in embedded software in telecom applications. Examples include a communications proxy for ESA's Automated Transfer Vehicle (ATV), and the modulation/demodulation software of a baseband modem for satellite tracking, telemetry, and telecommand (TT&C). We have also worked on vectoring for xDSL, including G.fast
Image Processing Our main experience here is in the reconstruction and segmentation of tomographic images, from the development of novel algorithms up to and including the final implementation in software, with practical applications such as μCT and electron tomography. Our work in tomography led to a PhD in Physics in November 2013, at the Vision Lab of the University of Antwerp.
Embedded Software We have extensive experience with software in general, mostly in the form of embedded software, including real-time applications. Examples include the electrical check-out systems of ESA's ATV and of the Galileo satellite navigation system.